Friday, July 17, 2009

We met Clinton's family on Friday, I can share his name with you now with permission from his family. As you can imagine this was a very emotional experience for everyone. His parents, Lesa and Chris brought pictures of Clinton for us to look at. Mario and I looked through the photos while Eva played in the office with Clinton's 2 older brothers dressing up in swag from around the donate life office. There was one photo of Clinton wearing a little hooded frog suit which Mario noticed right away. He was holding his little stuffed frog that he always carries around and kissed Clinton's photo with his frog. Mario is of course too little to understand the situation, but it was so cute to see that connection between the two boys. Here's a couple photos of Clinton that his mom gave me to share.

1 comment:

Lila said...

Dear Araujo Family: I am so thankful that you agreed to meet with Lesa, Chris and the boys. It means so much to all of us. After the meeting, my grandson said to me, "That kid, Mario, is almost as cute as my brother."

We can't begin to tell you how pleased we are that Mario is doing so well. We hope to meet your family and to keep track of Mario's progress. We wish him much happiness and good health.

Looking at all the pictures posted on Mario's blog, I noticed his picture with the same Santa that Clint used to see every Christmas. I thought that was such a coincidence.

I admire all the work you are doing of getting the word out on organ donation.

Best Wishes. Clinton's Grandma