Friday, July 6, 2007

Friday Morning

10:00AM Well looks like I have to do the injection afterall, they are bringing me an orange to practice on. wish me luck with my training :)

9:00AM I had to prove I can administer his meds... 2 antibiotics, 1 steriod, 1 pain, 1 gas, 1 vitamin = 5 oral doses, 3X/day. They were going to give me an injection too, but substituted a different oral supplement we can give (another vitamin). They are rounding everything up from pharmacy so hopefully released around lunch time. I'll update tonight from home! Sounds like I have multiple docs and tests on Monday so will be here again soon to see how things look longer term...

7:00AM Wow, I'm still in disbelief at the good news. The surgeon said that since Mario has pooped (especially since it is brown) and is eating well that we can probably take him home today. Probably...waiting for the GI doc to agree. He is still on a steady regime of antibiotics and steriods - all can be given orally. He lost a little weight yesterday, but he said that is normal fluid loss. He also said they will continue to check his bilirubin levels, but won't get anything conclusive until next week. So, no reason why we can't go home and come back in to be checked out on Monday. My GI doc did say that he thought it would be Monday before we leave, so I'm not getting too excited yet. But it is all great news! All the good positive energy and/or prayers are working. Thank you and keep it up! Love, Phoebe

3 comments:

Jennie Moore said...

Woohoo! Amazing news! I'm all teary, so I have to pretend I'm yawning in case anyone comes by my desk :) If you need any help this afternoon/evening or tomorrow let us know. xoxo

Scheri said...

This is so wonderful!!! I can't believe how quickly he has recovered. You have one very tough little boy. I guess he is getting practice in now, so when he is old enough to wrestle with Eva, he can hold his ground :-) Have a wonderful journey home and good luck. We send more love and well wishes!

Tim Stime said...

We are very pleased to hear the good news.
Our hearts and thoughts have been with you.