Friday, February 1, 2008

530PM in Recovery, Doing Fine

Mario is in revovery, waking up and fine. He does have Varices...Dr. Horslen was able to stop the bleeding by injecting "epi" (I guess this is epinephrin?) into them, Mario is too small for the banding to work. He thinks he will be fine for now and the condition will correct itself once he has a liver transplant. So, we should be able to go home tmrw hopefully. It is possible that this will happen again in a few weeks, he needs a new liver. But, I said that, we knew that :(

2 comments:

Gauri said...

hi
My daughter is 2 months old. She has been diagnosed with Biliary Atresia and will get the Kasai procedure on Monday, Feb 4th. It will be done at the Morgan Stanley Children's hospital in NY.
Can you please tell me how your kid recovered once you came home?
I hope he is doing fine now.

regards,
Gauri

Anonymous said...

Phoebe and Is,

Judy just called to say she had seen your email so I came directly to the post. We are saying our prayers for you and sending good thoughts your way. As always, get hold of us if there is anything we can do. We love you all! Mary and Jody