Monday, February 4, 2008

In the Hospital AGAIN

Well, Mario kept having bloody stools, so the team had us come back this morning for labs and another endoscopy. His hematacrit was down to 22 again, so they are doing a blood transfusion too. Doctor Horslen just finished up and brought me pictures of the "sealed" varices. There was a tiny amount of residual blood but nothing active, so he shot a bit more "epi" into them and looked for ulcers (found none). We're being kept overnight for observation. Mario isn't back from the OR yet, I'm waiting in his room for him while they finish up the transfusion. More later...he's okay

6 comments:

Scheri said...

We're checking back regularly and sending you guys lots of love and positive thoughts. Hugs! Love you!!
Scheri

Jennie Moore said...

I've been checking the blog so much, it's lucky they don't do a tally, because I'd look like a stalker! We're thinking of you constantly and sending all our love and wishes for some peaceful, restful days at home.
Love, Jennie

Helen & Kin said...

We have checked the notes,
you are doing exceptionally well. It is not easy, our dear friends, we want you to know our love and positive thoughts are with you all the time. Deep in our prays, joyful days will soon come so we can cheer over a few beers somewhere in the Sydney streets.
Love, Helen, Tanyi & Kin

Anonymous said...

I was so bummed this morning to read that Mario was back in the hospital and had to have another procedure. Poor little guy. Also I worry about both you and Is and how exhausting emotionally and physically this has been. Hang in there. I have a very quiet day at work today, one haircut at 5 pm, so if there is anything you need or something I can do, let me know. Thinking of all of you! Sending love and good juju!

Mary

Obsessed said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Please don't hesitate to ask for anything you need.

Kris said...

I may not comment all the time but I too check your blog every day and sometimes twice a day. I praying for you and the family. I love you kiddo!!