Saturday, February 2, 2008

Saturday 11AM

Dr. Murray was just here. They asked for the lab to check his hematacrit (I was going to ask for this anyway). Mario's belly looks good, still showing blood in stools, but this is expected through tmrw so she said we can go as long as the hematacrit is stable. I just asked the nurse to see if she could bring us some veggies or rice or something for him to eat for lunch - he's not such a big fan of baby food anymore, hoping to get him to eat something soft.

Mario will have to have another endoscopy in 3 weeks, so they'll get that scheduled on Monday.

I asked about exception points. It is not "automatic" to get extra points for varices. She explained that the team could discuss and ask for points if they all see it as necessary (meaning she'll defer to the whole team when they meet Monday). She pointed out that kids with biliary atresia often need a tranplant sooner than their PELD would go up due to portal hypertension, varices (both things Mario has). So, it is a point they'll discuss. I'll follow-up with our coordinator on Monday.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Phoebe, Paul and I are not a match for Mario. I'm A+ and Paul is B+. I Pray that you will find a match soon! Mario is on all the prayer chains that I can find. God Bless you and Keep you!