Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tuesday

6pm I just finished up my training on the PICC line...got my box of meds, waiting for them to remove the IV from his foot. I should be out of here in the next couple hours. Our new neighbors (mom) is one of those people that seems to attract customer service issues. In the last 30 min or so she had a dramatic episode about the guy at the front desk that was rude to her, called her credit card customer service to complain about a $27 charge and made a call to her work to complain about a coworker. It is all I can do to keep myself from going over there (keep reminding myself her kid is in the hospital).

Seriously, NO ONE in this place is rude...

Back to "normal" tmrw :)

1130am the Nurse called to tell me the PICC will be put in at 2pm and training at 4pm so we're hoping to get home sometime later tonight.

620am Added a couple photos from this morning...

5am and I'm back at the hospital so Israel can go to work. Nothing new to report really...we expect to get the PICC line later today hopefully. Mario will have to be sedated, so he has to be NPO (no food/drink) for 6 hours prior. Once the PICC line is in we get trained how to do his meds and can start talking about getting released. Hopefully sometime tmrw? We'll see. I'll update when I know more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the peanut butter face!

Hang in there! Mary

Anonymous said...

aloha - checking on you guys from a sunny place. Happy to see the progress! xo
The resilience and spirit that the four of you have and continue to show is inspirational...

Anonymous said...

Phoebe, even with all you have going on, you can still make me laugh with the story of your "neighbor". Jody and I are so happy you get to go home! Hopefully you are there now! Love you guys! Mary and Jody