Saturday, April 5, 2008

He's doing fine

8:00PM Mario has had a moderately uneventful day, which is good. He had to get some more blood to bring up his hematacrit. He's doing fine, sleeping mostly, still on pain medication. We'll stay in ICU while they watch the drainage from his belly, making sure the bile is coming only from the bile cathiter, and the other drains don't have any bile. They will also continue to take blood cultures to make sure we've stopped all the bad bacteria. His blood presures and heart rate have been better today but he still has some fever (this could just be post operative response though) so as I keep saying, time will tell. I'm taking Eva to a birthday party tmrw then back to the hospital so I'll update in the afternoon.
8:00AM We got the breathing tube out last night so he's breathing on his own again and comfortable, on pain meds again. Sort of like starting over and trying to make daily progress toward healing and eating.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy - kind of like taking two steps forward and three steps back! I hope that we see that wonderful Mario smile again soon. Hang in there and don't forget to breathe....

Love,
Emma

Anonymous said...

Bless that strong little boy and his parents. We are sending our love and strength to him and you. Love Sarah & Fam

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy looks so tired. Can't blame him. Glad he is off the breathing tube.

I am making a big huge batch of pozole today. Call me if you want me to run some over to the hospital for you guys (or where ever).

Lots of love, Mary and Jody

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of you all constantly and sending all my strongest positive thoughts. Lots of love, Jennie

Tam said...

Hello Phoebe & Pee Led, I'm checking your blog constantly. I wish we were closer & could do more than send tons of love & positive wishes for all of you, esp the little beauty. He is so cute. I just cannot imagine how hard this must be for you. Such a long road. You all must be so strong, not to mention exhaustd. I hope all news is good from here on in. Lots of love Tam xxoo

Anonymous said...

We are keeping up the good thoughts! Hope Eva has a good time at the birthday party! Hugs and kisses,
Mary and Jody